Creative Solutions To Complex Legal Problems
Lynda L. Laing
- Commercial Law
- Creditor's Rights
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 1983
- Albion College, Albion, Michigan
- A.B. - 1979
- Michigan, 1983
- Rhode Island, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 1985
- Voted by peers, "Rhode Island's Best Collection Lawyer"
- Selected by Ford Motor Credit Company as "Most Improved Law Firm"
- Presented National Award by Ford Motor Credit Company for "Best Three Year Liquidation Rate"
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, Collections and Bankruptcy, National Business Institute, 1988
- Lecturer, Collections and Bankruptcy, Rhode Island Bar Association, 1995
- "The Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Revised", 38 Rhode Island Bar Journal 3, December, 1989
- "An Overview of Article 6 of the Uniform Commercial Code", 36 Rhode Island Bar Journal 5, June, 1988
- "Fair Debt Collection Practices Act", 36 Rhode Island Bar Journal 18, October, 1987
- Metropolitan Property and Liability Insurance Co.
- Anthony Corrado, Inc. v. Menard & Co. Bldg. Contractors, 589 A.2d 1201(R.I. 1991), 1991086816
- Strauss, Factor, Hillman & Lopes, P.C. v. Kohler General Corp., 1987 WL 257409, 3 UCC Rep. Serv. 2d 466 (R.I. Dist Ct. 1987), 1987148408
- State of Maine v. Vincent Fiore, 497 A.2d 298 (R.I. 1985), 1985142900
- Inns of Court
- District Court Bench Bar, Chairperson, 1995
- Supreme Court User Friendly Committee, 1997
- Commercial Law League of America
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- Rhode Island Bar Association Annual Meeting Committee, 1996
- American Bar Association
- District Court Constable Disciplinary Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute