Providence Business Litigation Attorneys
No business owner wants an agreement to break down. No one wants to go through potentially long and costly litigation. An experienced business or commercial litigator can help business owners resolve their disputes in a smooth and cost-efficient manner.
To speak with an experienced business litigation attorney who will look out for your best interests and move in the direction of your goals, contact Strauss, Factor, Laing & Lyons, at 401-400-4416 for a consultation.
Tough Defense Against Commercial Lawsuits, Computer Fraud And Breach Of Contract
At Strauss, Factor, Laing & Lyons, we have over 20 years of business litigation experience. We handle business and commercial law cases that involve:
- Tort claims: Representing businesses in intentional and unintentional tort matters including tortious interference with business. Products liability. Corporate negligence.
- Civil racketeering: Defending businesses and executives facing possible Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations act (RICO) violations. Defense against embezzlement charges.
- Breach of contract: Proof of contract, modifications, legal defense, obligations and remedies.
- Fraud: Wire fraud, including telephone and computer fraud.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Officer and director liability defense.
- Noncompete agreements: Covenant not to compete (CNC), Non-Compete Clauses(NCC) and severance issues.
- Breach of express and implied warranties: Allegations regarding nonconforming goods and contract enforcement issues.
- Deceptive trade practices: Experienced counsel and defense in cases involving unfair or fraudulent trade practices under the consumer protection law.
- Shareholder disputes: Officer and director representation in derivative lawsuits.
We know our business clients would rather spend their time and money on activities that make money. A business lawsuit does not fall under this category. Therefore, whenever we represent someone, our approach is tenacious, but practical. We will fight to protect your interests.
At the same time, if the lawsuit itself would cost more than any settlement or award that you might receive, we would advise against it, even though it costs us money to do so. We are equipped with the legal know how and resources to provide businesses guidance to resolve complex commercial disputes through alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods such as mediation or arbitration.
Sophisticated And Experienced Legal Counsel
There are many intellectual challenges presented by business and commercial cases. After 20 years, we are able to find creative solutions to complex legal problems. To discuss your legal needs in more detail, please contact us.
For All Your Business Litigation Needs
Work with the proven team for your Rhode Island business and commercial litigation needs at 401-400-4416 for an initial consultation. Email us a brief description of your issue and we will get back to you. We typically respond within 24 hours.