The Superior Court has denied Crane Co.’s summary judgment motion with respect to most claims holding that there are issues of fact as to whether it should be liable for asbestos exposure from replacement gaskets and packing made by other companies but installed in Crane Co. valves. The Court granted summary judgment as to plaintiff’s civil conspiracy claim. Sweredoski v. Alfa Laval, Inc., P.C. 2011-1544 (R.I.Super. March 7, 2013).
Asbestos, Summary Judgment, liability for replacement parts
| Mar 9, 2013 | Firm News
- Recognizing age discrimination in the workplace August 19, 2021
- What rights do you have to collect on debts as a small business owner? May 25, 2021
- Loophole allows financial institutions to profile people of color February 16, 2021
- Employers must be careful to avoid pregnancy discrimination November 13, 2020
- 5 common signs of workplace discrimination August 15, 2020